December 14, 2011

DIY Peppermint Stick Cocoa


This is such an awesome gift. I made it for a Christmas gift exchange at my work party last week, and it was a hit! I found it on Pinterest, of course, but it was pinned from this website. It was so fun and easy to make! See the ingredients and directions below. The tag I used I bought from this website, which has some pretty amazing crafting stuff! 11 days until Christmas and 2 more sleeps until I leave!

Ingredients

1 cup powdered milk
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips
1/2 cup crushed peppermint candy

Directions

Layer powdered milk, cocoa powder, sugar, salt, chocolate chips, and peppermint candy.
Note: This mix will fill a 1-quart jar (12 servings), but if your containers are different sizes, just keep the ratio of ingredients constant. On the back of the tag, write: "Mix contents in a large bowl. For each serving, place 1/3 cup cocoa mix in a mug and stir in 1 cup boiling water. Store remaining mix in airtight container.”




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your lovely thoughts: