October 5, 2011

Last Night's Dinner: Easy and Fast Coconut Chickpea Curry

Get this: it's still raining here! It's been like three days of non-stop rain! What a good day to be inside with a cup of tea. But I'm definitely in the market for a good pair of rain boots to venture outside in on these days. I hope to go to this store while in Vancouver. Oh, yes, I am visiting Jimmy in Vancouver very soon! After a quick stop in Ottawa. I am so excited! 
Now, on to the recipe! This recipe is actually vegan! And it's very delicious and SO easy and fast.  I found it in my Leslie Beck cookbook, but I've modified it. You can use chicken, white fish, or tofu to replace the chickpeas, if desired.

Coconut Chickpea Curry
Serves 4
Total Time: 20 minutes

Ingredients

2 tsp. canola oil
1 tsp. cumin
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped or minced
2 tsp. ginger, finely chopped or grated 
1 cup canned crushed tomatoes
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/2 tsp. turmeric
1/8 tsp. chili powder
1 can chickpeas
1/4 cup chopped cilantro (optional, but I find it adds so much flavor)

Directions

Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, ginger, and 1/2 tsp. cumin. Saute for one minute. Add tomatoes, coconut milk, cumin, turmeric, and chili powder. Stir to combine. Add chickpeas and cook until heated through. Add cilantro and serve immediately.

Serve on rice and enjoy!

xo Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your lovely thoughts: