September 6, 2011

My Oh My

I am simply attaching a video with a brief explanation for today's post. I am so horrified (and not in an exciting way) by this movie that I cannot possibly bring myself to say too much about it at this moment. There are so many problems with Monster Picture's movie, The Woman. To start, it's plot is based on the idea that women are wild beasts that need to be tamed and civilized by nice middle-class white families, specifically nice middle-class white men. Okay, knowing Monster Pictures, and to defend myself against all those who will defend this movie, the premise of The Woman is obviously being used very ironically, but I don't care. Just because these ideas exist does not mean that they are fair game or any less sexist!  Ahhh!!

See for yourself, and tell me your thoughts!


xo Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your lovely thoughts: